We finally finished our round of required immunizations for China. Hep A, B, Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies... Not that we're going to be encountering rabid creatures on a regular basis in Shenyang, but might as well if we're going to be in China and most likely travelling around in Asia.
The Japanese Encephalitis was a series of 2 shots and Rabies was a series of 3. We were at the FSI clinic a lot this month, especially since J was a week behind all of us. (The first time we went, he was sick with a fever so we held off on him for a week.) J and K took the shots like champs. J all but forgot the shots as soon as we got him a "Patient of the Day" sticker afterwards. K was mostly upset for the parts that I had to put her down. NJ, however, screamed so loud and so much before he was even stuck. I guess at age 6, a lot of it is mental.
I'm not crazy about getting shots either, but I just remind myself that I pushed out 3 babies with no meds. I can do this! Stop being a weenie!
No comments:
Post a Comment