At first I got this coat. It was on sale, really warm (rated to -40degrees F). But at the end of the day, it just didn't look good on me. I looked like I was wearing a sack. I gave it a test run and while it kept me warm, I just wasn't happy with looking like I was wearing a sack. Am I lame for wanting to look cute even in below 0 freezing weather?
While Nathan was coat shopping for himself, he found this for me and I LOVE it. It's warm and looks great! It's designed to add a little shape. It has this funky futuristic vibe going on too. The only thing is, do I keep this color (it's pearl grey) and risk it getting dirty or go for a darker color? (I really like the purple lining though... not that anyone would see it except for me.) My choices would be black or purplish violet color called Royale.
I'm leaning towards the Royale. I don't want to be just another black jacket.
For the boys, we got them identical jackets. NJ is already wearing his now and he LOVES it. He says he feels like a police man, thanks to the decorative patch and often wears it inside for pretend play. He took off the detachable fur lining and said that it was his pet eel "Fluffy" and slept with it for a few days. I have no idea where Fluffy is right now.
Nathan got a coat, too, but is seriously thinking about returning it, the main problem being it's overpriced. It's probably because this is literally the one that real deal Arctic explorers get.
So coats are pretty much done, except for K. I'll be on the hunt for ultra warm coats size 18 mo for next winter.






Good time to buy coats, when everything is on sale!! I like the gray one with the purple lining, BTW...
ReplyDelete