...is 18 months old. I cannot believe it. He is just growing leaps and bounds every day, physically, mentally and emotionally.
He loves to be outside. He loves his Mimi (lovey/blanket) and sucks his index finger for self soothing and comfort. (I've never known a little one to do this. Thumb, yes, but index finger?) He loves to dance, climb, run. He is starting to recognize some of his letters: A, D, Q, O, S, V, X, and his initials J, R, L. He loves to watch Baby Einstein, Blues Clues, Veggietales, Signing Time, and BBC's Planet Earth of all things. Thankfully, he continues to be a great sleeper. Still takes 2 long naps (lasting about 1.5 hours each) during the day and sleeps 11-12 hours at night. His favorite songs are The Wheels on the Bus, The ABC song and the William Tell Overture. His favorite toys are cars/trucks and blocks. Such a guy.
His eating habits are hit and miss. Sometimes he will eat everything I give him and sometimes all he wants is a banana. Some of his favorites are applesauce, mandarin oranges, blueberries, apples, grapes, rice, noodles, especially yakisoba, bagels, waffles, grilled chicken, ham, sausage, pork tenderloin, fries, cheese, yogurt, pizza, ravioli, Korean chicken porridge. Some things he does NOT like are mashed potatoes, peas, veggies in general. I usually sneak some veggies into smoothies. Spinach works well.
He is saying a lot of words now. Mommy, Daddy, night night, car, beep, hi, bye, star, tree, go, no, and will pretty much parrot what we say. He also knows many animal sounds and some sign language. Some of the words he says are in his own language but we've been able to translate.
Googoo: Blues Clues
Nana: Banana
Gecko: Cracker
Gogo: Bagel
Si-side: Outside
Vee: movie
Phew: I love you
Mengdong: Help (not sure how he came up with this one)
No comments:
Post a Comment