Nathan and I switched roles on Saturday as I spent the whole day at FSI taking classes on moving and logistics and he stayed home with the boys. We both developed a newly found appreciation for what the other does. While it is a bit more relaxing to be away from the everyday of chaos of running a home and running after 2 boys, it is exhausting physically and mentally to be bombarded with information for hours.
Nathan said that it was exhausting looking after the boys (which included feeding, diapering, shuttling back and forth from birthday party, keeping track of naps) while trying to keep the house in decent condition and that he barely made it. And that he couldn't have imagined doing it while 6 months pregnant. High five to me.
I got a lot of good information. Maybe a bit too much. A lot of my questions were answered and a lot of questions I didn't even know I had were answered. I left feeling both relieved and overwhelmed at the same time. I am glad, however, that I have months and months, hopefully almost a year, before I have to deal with the moving and the logistics of it all. So glad I took the classes early. There were some people there who were leaving within the new few months. I feel stressed out for them.
After I came home, I made some tacos and we all piled into the basement and had a good hour of playtime. The boys (Nathan included) had a BLAST and I just sat back and watched and laughed. It is so much fun to see NJ and J interacting more and more and becoming friends. In the midst of all the wrestling, giggles and fun, it made me realize that yeah, it's going to be crazy to have to pack everything up and move across Lord knows how many time zones and be without our stuff for Lord knows how many weeks (months?). But everything will be ok because we will always have each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment