Thursday, May 24, 2012

You can tell a lot about a person...

I once read somewhere that you can tell a lot about a person (or it may even have been don't marry someone until you've seen them...) by the way they react when:
1. They lose their luggage
2.  They get lost
3.  It rains unexpectedly

None of the following happened while we were visiting Sesame Place and Philly last weekend (well, #2 sort of) but they should add "They travel with small kids" to the list.  I don't know if it was because I am 8 months pregnant, feeling like a beached whale and hot all the time, but I feel that I really could have handled myself better.

All in all, it was a FABULOUS trip but I am finding that I don't do too well when things don't go according to plan or when we try to wing it and things fall apart.  I just need to REEEEELAX, especially if traveling (possibly with lost luggage, getting lost, raining unexpected and definitely with little people) is going to be a huge part of our lifestyle for the next who knows how many years.

I really do think it will help to not be 8 months pregnant, feeling huge and sweating all the time.  I hope.  And lots of planning!  One of my mantras back from my teaching days was "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."  But at the same time I need to find a balance and be willing to be flexible.  As long as everyone is together, fed, happy and safe, it's not so bad.

On a side note, I highly recommend Sesame Place for anyone who has kids 6/7 years old and under.  It was so family friendly and clean.  All the rides and attractions were age-appropriate and you didn't have any punk teenagers running around being obnoxious.  There are lots of shaded areas for parents with tiny ones who needed to sleep or feed.  The weather happened to be pretty darn perfect while we were there and that didn't hurt none either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment