I've been browsing other FS blogs, specifically written by spouses, a lot with kids. It has been interesting to take a peek into the lives of families living the FS lifestyle in all kinds of places. Some common themes I've been able to pick out:
1. The actual physical moving from one place to another (plane ride with kids, packing, unpacking) seems to be the most stressful aspect of the FS life.
2. The State Dept provides some nice housing.
3. FS families almost always have several options in choosing schooling for their children.
4. The kids adjust well, make friends easily.
I've also noticed that there are 2 kinds of FS spouse blogs. One is "This is such an adventure, come and see!" and the other is "This totally sucks and all I want to do is vent." The former isn't always sunshine and roses, but the general tone is positive where as the latter quite frankly bums me out. So note to self: try not to bum out my readers too much, but still keep it real. Like so many things, it's not so much about what you say, but how you say it.
No comments:
Post a Comment